Is it time to start saving for your retirement?
The Money Market IRA allows you to set up automatic deposits from your payroll or checking account.
- Unlimited deposits.
- No Minimums on additional deposits.
- Variable interest with tiered rates.
- Monthly statement.
- Tiered interest rates. Interest accrues daily and is credited monthly.*
- Access to Internet Banking.
- A minimum of $250.00 to open the account.
- The closing fee is $50.00 will be applied at the time the account is closed.
- A monthly maintenance fee of $10.00 unless the following condition is met:
- Maintain a minimum balance of $250.00.
- The following transaction limitations do apply:
- You may make only six (6) preauthorized transfers or withdrawals from your account each statement period, which may be checks, drafts, debit card (if applicable) or other payments to third parties. In addition to checks, preauthorized transfers include telephone transfers and automatic deductions set up with third parties. Automatic deductions and checks will be considered paid in the statement period they are posted to the account.
- A charge of $5.00 per transaction over the limit (check, preauthorized transfer, electronic debit, or withdrawal).
Early Withdrawal Penalties
Early Withdrawal Penalties on IRA accounts may be imposed for withdrawals before maturity.
If your account has an original maturity of 31 days or less:
The Penalty we may impose is greatest of:
- Seven days interest on the amount withdrawn subject to penalty, if the withdrawal is made within the first six days after the deposit;
- All interest that could have been earned on the amount withdrawal during a period equal to one-half the maturity period; or
- All interest on the amount withdrawn subject to penalty.
If your account has an original maturity of one year or less:
- The fee we may impose will equal three months interest on the amount withdrawn subject to penalty.
If your account has an original maturity of more than one year:
- The fee we may impose will equal six months interest on the amount withdrawn subject to penalty.
In certain circumstances such as the death or incompetence of an owner of this account, the law permits, or in some cases requires, the waiver of the early withdrawal penalty. See your plan disclosures if the account is part of an IRA or other tax qualified plan.
1. Automatically Renewable Time Account
This account will automatically renew at maturity. You may prevent renewal if you withdraw the funds in the account at maturity (or within the grace period mentioned below, if any) or we receive written notice from you within the grace period mentioned below, if any. We can prevent renewal if we mail notice to you at least 30 calendar days before maturity. If either you or we prevent renewal, interest will continue to accrue after maturity for up to ten calendar days. The interest rate will be the new rate.
You will have 7 calendar days after maturity to withdraw funds without penalty from an Individual Retirement Account.
2. Non-Automatically Renewable Time Account
This account will not automatically renew at maturity. If you do not renew the account, interest will not continue to accrue after maturity.
*These accounts pay interest at a variable rate and rates may vary based on the balance in your account. We may change the interest rate and annual percentage yield at our discretion and as often as daily. There are no limits on the amount that the interest rate or annual percentage yield may change.
We use the daily balance method to calculate the interest on accounts. We apply the daily periodic rate to the principal balance in the account each day. Interest begins to accrue on the business day we receive credit for the deposit of non-cash items (for example, checks).
Interest will be compounded and is credited to your account monthly. If you close your account before interest is credited, you will not receive the accrued interest.