Protect Your Identity and Accounts
- Do not click suspicious links or open unexpected attachments or texts. Be aware of Phishing emails and Smishing texts.
- Do not provide account info to links in emails or texts.
- Do not provide account information over the phone to live or automated systems other than MSB Touch Telebank at:
- Toll-Free: 877-MY-MSB-411 or 696-7241
- Always verify the identity of the person on the phone by calling back a known number, which is listed here.
- Do not use unknown or unsafe devices to access your account. This includes cell phones, tablets or computers.
- Use only phones, tablets, and computers with the latest software and security patches.
- Use auto-update for all programs to receive the latest security patches. See Securing Your Device.
- Windows XP and Windows Vista (as of 4/11/2017) are no longer updated by Microsoft. Consider upgrading to Windows 10.
- Use anti-virus software and keep it updated. See Securing Your Device.
- Keep your browser updated. See Securing Your Device.
- We are providing these instructions as a courtesy only. We cannot and will not provide any support beyond providing these written instructions. Do not call for technical support.
- Even with these recommendations, you the consumer must remain vigilant and suspicious of requests for information in order to protect yourself. Be very careful and report all suspicious activity to us immediately.
- Report fraud immediately. Call us at 419-885-1996.
- Click here to download All MSB Security & Education Information.
Learn all contact methods that Metamora State Bank uses to contact you.
Phishing is a form of fraud in which the attacker tries to learn information such as login credentials or account information.
SMiShing is about sending false, fake text message, claiming the mobile user that they have won a free product or need to enter information.
Online banking security is intended to prevent unauthorized access to your account, validate your identity, protect your account information from fraudulent use, and prevent the theft of your identity.